Hello kindergartners & 1st graders! I will be posting a variety of reading and math enrichment activities for you to check out and try! If you're looking for a fun challenge, you have come to the right place!
Creative Thinking Exploration
Spend 15 minutes watching the video below! Listen to a read aloud of the super creative and fun book "Duck! Rabbit!" and then follow along to try some of the activities. You don't need many supplies...just a creative IMAGINATION! You will learn about how to develop your creative mind. It's a TON of fun!
Read Christina Katerina and the Box by Patricia Lee Gauch is a story about a girl who uses her imagination to turn a refrigerator box into an exciting and dynamic new toy.
Questions for discussion...
How are Molly and Gert from Have Fun Molly Lou Melon alike? How are they different?
In Toys Galore, what do you like about the pictures?
What was your favorite toy described in the story? Why?
Read aloud Corduroy by Don Freeman. This book tells the story of a teddy bear named Corduroy, displayed on a toy shelf in a department store. One day, a young girl named Lisa arrives at the store with her mother and spots the bear. She is eager to buy him, but her mother refuses to spend more money and notices a button is missing from his overalls.
- Jacob’s Ladder for Corduroy: (Ladder A) This can be done in writing or as a discussion. Begin at the bottom of the ladder and work your way up!
- Complete a flow map to sequence the events of Corduroy
- What parts of the story may not be “real”? What parts of the story are real? How do you know?
- What was the most important thing that happened in the story? Why do you think so?
- What do you think would happen next if the story continued?
Give MAGIC Squares OR Pebble Math 1 a try!
SET 2 of Pebble Math!
SET 3 of Pebble Math
JUNK BOX MATH for fun!